Agnostic.com

18 8

Followers

If you have followers & you are nice enough to stop by & at least say hello to them, but they never respond, does anyone ever knock them off their list? I feel bad but I'm sorry if you are going to take the time to hit that "Follow me" button, & I actually say HELLO, the least you can do is respond lol!

DaniellaGemini 5 Feb 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think that's fair, I concur with you because this is a dating app, so why wouldn't you want to socialize and comminicate with someone you are following... why following then?

I just saw "following" someone as a quick way of making sure you see their posts. I don't click the follow button, I scan new posts for interesting subjects and posts by people I have found interesting. So I follow mentally rather than by clicking the button.

I can see why you'd feel that way. Personally I follow people because I'm interested in what they have to say. It's nice if they're "social" as well but I think of it as more of a "fan" relationship than an acquaintance relationship.

The messaging system here can be problematic. If you've messaged a 'hello' to someone they may not have received it.

I am not offended either way. Sometimes I follow because I am interested. Usually I follow because I like the way that persons mind is working, the posts they make.

No one, yet, has stopped to say "hiyas" because I am following them and... no, I don't take offense. In no small part because I rarely go look at my profile and thus don't really know who is following me... maybe I should go check! 🙂

I make no assumptions about any aspects of anyone's online behavior.

Those who do are, IMHO, making a very limiting error.

I've never paid any attention to those features in any social media site.

Once when she was still in high school my stepdaughter mentioned that she had hundreds of FaceBook friends. I said, "you DO realize those aren't actual friends, right"? And she looked at me like I'd sprouted a second head.

Now a half dozen years later I think she figured out the truth of what I said, but she still takes it way more seriously than I think she should.

Well okay I'm not saying I have NO social media "friends" (contacts, people, CONTACTS, not friends). But I don't have any expectations of them. I'm not offended if they unfriend me, or don't talk to me.

I really don't care that much.

I think its common courtesy anyway

I entered this site not expecting to even get followers. I just never thought I’d be that interesting people would want to follow. Usually I respond back if someone was kind enough to say anything as long as they aren’t a weirdo.

Rats! Being as weird at they come, I am right out! 🙂

maybe theyre too shy to respond

I was surprised to find that anyone found my posts interesting enough to follow me. If I receive a private message, I always respind.

If I find that someone's posts are interesting, I will follow them for that purpose.

It's not really something I pay attention to a lot. It just seems more like a form of compliment indicating they like what you have to say. If people wanna say hi and strike up a conversation I'm all ears, otherwise it's not a big deal if they remain silent.

I agree with you.

I agree, but you have to take into account that they might not be online. How long have you been waiting for a response? 😛

Agree with this, but there is also an intermittent issue on this site with message notification, so it's probably a good idea to get into the habit of checking your messages regularly, just in case. =]

I follow people who post mostly interesting things so I see them. I reply to the posts, but have not said Hello to them

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:26783
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.