Agnostic.com

1 0

QUESTION A GOP Congressman Gave Trump a Literal Bag of Prayers After the School Shooting – Friendly Atheist

Over the weekend, Rep. Mike Bost (R-IL) delivered a bagful of thoughts and prayers to Donald Trump, presumably as a response to the tragedy in Parkland, Florida. (I think this is now the official GOP response to all mass shootings.)

zblaze 7 Feb 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Is that it? Those are all the prayers from southern Illinois? I don’t know whether to be proud that so few people are wasting their time or disturbed by how a few prayers were still enough for these politicians to think “photo op!”

Why are they in a sealed bag? Do prayers spoil if they’re exposed to air?

What is Trump supposed to do with them? You can bet he’s not reading those prayers. (Why would he, unless they mention his name?) So what’s the point of giving them to him?

Where did the bag go after this photo was taken? I’m assuming the garbage can. (Prove me wrong, internet.)

Why did these people have to write down their prayers? Was God having trouble hearing them? Could He not read their minds?

Are the people most directly affected by the Parkland shooting supposed to feel better after seeing this?

Do any of those prayers ask Trump to push for sensible gun safety legislation? How about for leaders in Congress who can do more for people than pose for a useless picture after a mass shooting?

Who’s supposed to answer these prayers? God won’t do it. Hell, He didn’t even stop the shooting. But that only leaves Trump… who likely won’t even look at those prayers unless there’s money attached.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:26800
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.