Agnostic.com

1 0

What are the true motives of discourse? I guess we should define a realm of discourse. Yet it seems discourse, in general, is often of a persuasive nature with no clear prize readily evident. So what is the purpose? We seek here. However, our oft manifest nature finds us rigidly locked into a worldview that assimilates only that which fits like a puzzle piece into our narrative. Might this be for our sanity? Keep shit together -you know? Because what happens when the edifice that is our narrative crumbles down? What remains? Only us, picking up the pieces, likely in grief at what a beautiful... if often nonsensical monolith it was. -but wait? what is that being picking up the pieces? A self? I hear it will flee if you chase it! Might we shape our surroundings through the lense of meaning-making so that our perceived environment might be acceptable for our well-adjusted operation in this midst of existence just as a tree has a choice to grow? Are we all expressing to one another to maintain our very own sanity in reaffirmation enthralled for our need of coherent purpose? Because I know, heh -I'm not fucking changing your opinion. I shall attempt not to speak past any who engage me in the future and attempt to recognize their narrative with respect for it and speak in true responsivity.

MortalsWrath 4 Feb 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Discourse can be part of a dialogue or monologue. It is the laying down of a single piece of the puzzle. What becomes of the puzzle after that is up to reason -- individual or with peers.

There are good tools for drawing each piece of the puzzle, just like there are good tools to evaluate where they fit or if they should be discarded.

Narrative is the final image, which we might imagine beforehand or discover as it is unveiled by the proper positioning of pieces.

So yeah, there is a way to good results with good understanding of Philosophy.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:26949
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.