Agnostic.com

8 2

For years I have loved just reading books. Hell, I got into reading when I was in 6th grade. Parents brought me home a book not a game. I was upset about it but to be honest I truly enjoyed the book. It's called the lightning thief and it's from the series Percy Jackson and the Gods of Olympus. Now after years of just enjoying fantasy I can barely find any books I want to read. So can y'all help me find new titles and such. It would brighten my day.

Redsavior 4 Feb 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You're looking for pure fantasy I can't help you but fantasy / sci-fi -- I like the Culture series of novels by Ian Banks. For fantasy / comedy, nothing beats Terry Pratchett.

Thanks mate

Gene Wolfe writes sci fi and fantasy but even his sci fi is fantasy flavored. Jim Butcher is great too. I read both Sci Fi and fantasy with a bent towards Sci Fi. The Shannara books by Terrry Brooks are great too. Bernhard Hennen has written some books about Elves that I would recommend. Jeff Wheeler's books are top notch too. Kevin Hearne's Iron Druid books are great too.

Yeah I'm a big fan of codex Alera.. These all seem good. I got a book by Terry brooks. Couldn't get into it. Thank you

I haven't seen them on here so I'll add Jim Butcher and Charlaine Harris. Two of my favorites whose novels I read repeatedly.

Jim butcher is one of mine too.. It's all about codex alera..

I read true crime and reality about bad things ie gangsters, the holocaust etc and I'm running out of things to read on the loo. I can watch fiction but hate reading it.

Terry Pratchett is an obvious suggestion if you enjoy fantasy. Some of his books, if we're being honest, are not so good; others are very good indeed. They're all readable though, and there's plenty of them and they're widely available - so he'll keep you going for a while.

For slightly heavier sci-fi based fantasy/space opera, you can't go wrong with Iain M. Banks. Excession is a good place to start.

Jnei Level 8 Feb 21, 2018

I believe I have heard of him but I don't think I read any of his books. Ill give em a gander. Sci-fi is good. Thank you

Fantasy? Go to the roots. Robert E. Howard, Michael Moorcock, Robert Zelazny, Tolkien (of course). Then there's intermediate stuff like Piers Anthony, Poul Anderson, Fritz Lieber...
How about collaborative efforts like the Thieve's Guild series? Wonder if anybody does that anymore.

Your right on the money there. Thieves guild series? Never heard of that one. Most of those authors I haven't heard about besides Tolkien. Alright I'll check at them thank you Hicks.

@Redsavior Sci Fi interest you? There's some good stuff out there if you're interested. Historical fiction too. Especially some nice interpretations of the Arthurian legends. Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley is phenomenal. Bernard Cornwell offers a very realistic tutorial on Migration Era warfare in his Warlord series.

@Hicks66 yes sci fi is good. I think I have heard of mists of Avalon. This is a great list thanks mate

You may enjoy he books by Kate Wilhelm. She is categorized as a Science Fiction writer, but you will find her scope much broader and her style fascinating. And if you like whimsy with a dark edge, try Terry Pratchett.

Ok. Sounds interesting I'll check with them. I need a broader view and I enjoy some dark depending on in which views it is dark. Thank you

When I was very small , my Mother would read to us from a book , she had been given as a child , which included Greek and Roman myths , which is , I believe, what your book was about . I tend to go through phases . From fantasies , I moved to SciFi - lots of good authors there . For a time I was interested in the Barbarian stuff (Conan), I moved on to SIr Author Conan Doyle ( Sherlock ) , Agatha Christie (Murder Mysteries ), Mary Shelly (Frankenstein) . The English books ( Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility ) .

Yes it is but it's just Greek mythology and the author put out another series with Greek and roman mythology put together. I love Conan.. Books and movies included. Thank you I'll check em out.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:27040
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.