Agnostic.com

14 1

Anime

What is your favorite anime? It can be from any genre.

Redsavior 4 Feb 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Picking a favorite anime is tough, but "Naruto" has a special place in my heart. The journey of Naruto and his friends, the life lessons, and the epic battles always keep me hooked. I even have a Naruto pillow from [animelovepillow.com]. But there are so many fantastic series out there it's hard to choose! What's your favorite?

Yu-Yu-Hakusho! The first anime I ever finished. My first fictional crush. My first fandom, that which lead me to fanfiction. Though it has ended it shall always be a dear love for me.

Some of my favorites have been said on here. Tokyo ghoul, FMAB, and Fairy tail. But there are others like Hunter X Hunter, my hero academy, and inuyasha. Still looking to try out others. But one I really like is Parasyte.

I like a few: Fairy Tail, Death Note, Tokyo Ghoul, Sword Art Online, Wolf Children, Seven Deadly Sins

Yeah man those are awesome. Waiting for season 3 Tokyo ghoul.

@Redsavior Nice! Didn't know a season 3 was coming out for Tokyo Ghoul.

I can never just pick a single favorite, but in recent memory it would have to be the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure saga. It's so wonderfully crazy and clever, great villains, awesome protagonists, and fights that always have a spark of creativity to them. It's not always who's the strongest that wins, but who has the smartest plan due to the nature of how 'stands' work.

I've heard of JoJo. Is it like peopled stories put together?

@Redsavior It's one continuous series that revolves around the Joestar family lineage. Each arc is a a different Jo Jo (every protagonist first name usually makes a Jo sound) that is decended from the previous in some way being son/daughter, grandson, ect...You can usually still watch them separately as they are mostly still self contained to an extent. JoJo and their companions usually have to face off with dangerous villains and their cronies who usually also have powers similar to them. Those powers being "Stands" which are pretty much Personas if you are familiar with that game series. Every stand has their own unique powers and are used in unique and interesting ways, which makes the fights always creative and fun to watch. It's just something you have the witness yourself to understand why it's so fun and bonkers.

@Cynical-lion that sounds Kool. I like the concept of it too.

I'd have to agree with a lot of others who have already listed some classics like Ghost in the Shell (movies not so much the series), Akira, Anything Miyazaki...but especially Princess Mononoke, and Cowboy Bebop.

Have to throw in Ninja Scroll, Metropolis, FLCL, The Ainimatrix, Berserk

Lupin the Third

March Comes in Like a Lion is great. I've enjoyed the Fate series. Overlord is great. I like to watch each season as it comes out. This replaces TV for me.

I used to watch Cowboy Bebop and just found it again on Hulu, which I'm rather excited about.

Yeah that's a legend right there. I remember watching parts of it as a kid. Haha good stuff there. See you cowboy.

My daughter watched that.

Bebop is great because it's the anime that people who generally don't like anime, like.

@Cynical-lion Well that would be me, then!

Akira. Great depiction of high tech. Wonderful social commentary. Cyberpunk at its finest.

Sounds good. Anything like a mecha anime?

@Redsavior Sorta. More street level action. Biker gang runs up against mysterious government organisation that is researching psionics. Not too much in the Giant Fighting Robot milieu but rock solid action none the less.

@Hicks66 now that sounds like something I can dig.

@Redsavior Oh, before I forget - Bubblegum Crisis. A sorority in mechsuits. Great cheese there.

@Hicks66 wicked thanks mate

Miyazaki's Spirited Away. I LOVE Haku.

Ill check em out. What's Haku?

@Redsavior The flying dragon character in the movie.

@Redsavior [imdb.com]

@Qualia looks interesting. Seems like a good fantasy. Besides I like dragons so win win..

@Redsavior It's a classic, even if not your chosen style of anime. Miyazaki is the man. I also like Totoro but SA tops.

That is me the first Nohface to go to Otakon and my stone spirit in my front yard. Love Spirited Away...Miyazaki puts Disney to shame.

@BobMcDowell Wow very cool!!!

@BobMcDowell and agree there is no contest Disney v Miyazaki. 🙂

@Qualia I appreciate it. Ill check em out.

Slayers is my favorite.

Slayers? I don't think I have heard of that. What is it about?

@Redsavior Swords & Magic. It's hilarious.

Slayers (Japanese: ?????? Romaji: sureiy?zu) is a series of comedic sword and sorcery novels, anime, and manga created by Hajime Kanzaka. The various incarnations of the franchise focus on teenage sorceress Lina Inverse and her various companions as they travel throughout their world in pursuit of items and goals.

@arnies Is it anything like danmachi? Or Log horizon?

@Redsavior Sorry, not seen either one.

@arnies No worries

Easy.. Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Followed by.. Attack on Titan and One Punch Man

Marz Level 7 Feb 21, 2018

Nice. FMAB and attack on Titan are awesome. Haven't watched one punch man. What made it part of your favorites?

I just watched the live movie of Full Metal. And previously saw the live movie of Attack on Titan. Both were good.

@Reignmond havent watched the movies yet. Are they like the seasons mashed up or some new story?

I think those are literally the only 3 anime I've ever gotten into myself. Thumbs up!

@Redsavior
One Punch Man makes fun of overly dramatic anime fight scenes by introducing a guy who’s just a hero for fun, and who also kills everything in one punch. It’s hilarious.

@Redsavior I don't think so, but it is more like a generalized story. It was amazing how similar they got to the cartoon.

@Reignmond Really? Sounds like I'm gonna watch them. It's fine if its generalized. Like a short cut lol

@Marz yeah, I think I remember watching a short video of him hitting this dudes balls when he was coming down.. Haha I could not stop laughing

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:27041
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.