Agnostic.com

9 10

Billy Graham is dead.
While my initial reaction is "GOOD!", I reflected a little. I've been aware of him my entire life. He's always been around.
While he was somewhat helpful during the Civil Rights era, even bailing MLK out of jail once, his brand of religion helped get us where we are now. He was a conversionist. He worked to convert as many people as possible. He helped give rise to the "born again" movement, and the television evangelists. He spread the lies of religion all over the world. While there will be many lauding his "accomplishments" today, and in the coming days, I really wanted to express my disdain for the man and what he represented.

KKGator 9 Feb 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

So if he bailed out MLKjr I will shit one less turd on his grave

Fantastic comments, Gator !!

I would say: Billy Graham is dead, don't miss him, don't miss him. But as far as I know he was the positive face of religion for many people. That was his talent. He was also very fashionable. He stood for "The Billy Graham concept". It's easier to switch churches, than leave one.

Gert Level 7 Feb 21, 2018

It's a disgusting lie that Billy Graham is a positive ANYTHING. ...he died a multimillionaire investor in war weapons profiteering and pushed Truman to invade Korea from 1946 onward and led thousands of baptist preachers AGAINST CATHOLIC JFK 1960

@GreenAtheist Hey, don't shoot the messenger. I said "for many people". That's no lie. That's what made him multimillionaire ect.

@Gert wrong, he was paid a very modest salary all his decades of hell threats and heaven bribes....he invested in Department of Defense Contractor stocks ever since Harry Truman was prez....of course all his expenses were paid to pack sports stadiums and televised convention halls where he spread his evil lies.....cults being called "positive" is quite offensive and obscene... how many thousands of gay teens have been suicidal when barraged by Graham preaching and believers retelling his lies ????? Jim Jones was no more a talent than this North Carolina dog Graham... Washington Post headlines how he was an "absent parent" letting his children delve deep into sex, drugs and music....this scum Graham is just like THE SCOURGE OF CALCUTTA Theresa...no one's "Mother" and harmed humanity far more than she helped

@GreenAtheist I just gave my impression. If you want to fight that to feel better, you made your point. It was still a millionaire act. I have no reason to defend whatever concerning him. Think whatever you like. If you want a discussion to press your opinion on, don't count on me.

THE PRINCE OF WAR life of Billy Graham ONLY TRUE BIOGRAPHY of this war monger bastard millionaire weapons investor has been causing evil in Korea since 1946 four years before MacArthur invaded INCHON. ....many preachers by the thousands are CIA FRONTS or unwitting dupes of USA CIA crimes busting unions and killing leaders like Mossadeq in Iran 1953 or Allende murdered by daddy Bush under Nixon. ....and Billy Graham led thousands of baptist preachers against Catholic JFK in 1960

Yeah, but nobody wants to talk about that. It would just tarnish the image. Which is ALL it is, an image.

@KKGator fyck Billy Graham image WASHINGTON POST IS CORRECTLY REPORTING HOW he was an absentee parent and his kids were rebellious sex drugs rock&roll

So much for "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than it is for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven." I wonder how much of the $25 million he intended to take with him. I wonder how many homeless people on the street that money could have fed. Rot in your grave, Billy Graham.

the ultimate NRA gun profiteer= Billy Graham hell terrorist and heaven bribery perpetrator

Good riddance..

If the best dressed person in the church is the preacher, there's something wrong.

This morning while waiting for my son to get out of physical therapy, a lady had been obnoxiously loud-talking on her phone with someone. She saw the tickertape at the bottom of the tv screen we were watching in the waiting room, and announced to the listener on the phone about BG's death. She proceeded to say "Awww, that's a shame, god bless him." Besides my not so obvious reaction of rolling my eyes to see the back of my head, I truly wanted to throat-punch her. I'm rather proud of my restraint.

I commend you on your self-restraint. Well done!

Nope ...I have been telling the truth about this criminal theocrat war monger for 12 years now every chance I get. ...the Charlotte Airport I LOUDLY CONDEMN NAMING IT AFTER THE evil dog Billy Graham like the evil Scourge of Calcutta THERESA nobody's mother sponge bathing Indians to death denying them penicillin

his son seems more toxic

That's because he IS!!!

Probably doesn't have the same charisma.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:27107
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.