Agnostic.com

3 3

Is There Such A Thing As being Bisexual?

For those who do not know, I consider myself a Gay male as my interest is in Men.

When I was a kid, I remember having close friends or buddies, and a few, I secretly had a crush on. This continued into my teen years. In high school, I played sports, and had an abundance of girlfriends but I always knew I was different.

When I attended college and medical school things changed. The desire to explore being with men intensified, so I decided to seek companionship, which is not very difficult in college. I admit to being very sexually active with guys during college because I was young, horny and plus I was on a self discovery.During this time in my life I considered myself "Bi" because it was easier than admitting the truth.

Always in the back of my mind I had family and religion making me afraid to be myself. My dad is part Arab and is a devout Muslim. My mom is Hindu and converted to catholic when she left south India as a young woman. My father introduced me and all my siblings to Islam but we all rejected it except for my oldest brother. Being a catholic, I was told that being gay was wrong.
When I moved the america and converted to a Baptist, I was told that Homosexuality was an abomination and I was going to hell!

Because if religion, I began to believe I was going to hell and "god" didnt love me therefore why should I exist. I decided to buy myself a hand gun with the intent to end my life. I obtained a guy and twice I wanted to shoot myself in the head but I was a coward and I chickened out both times.

When I was in grad school, things changed for the better. I met a guy who was "out" and we became best friends. His name was Kent. We were only friends no sex ever. Kent was the person who understood what I was going through because he had experienced the same thing. I was able to talk to him about anything and we hung out and did everything together. Sadly, 2 months after I finished medical school, Kent passed away from complications from Aids.

Thanks to Kent and his friendship, this gave me the courage to accept myself and love my self. I was able to live in my truth and admit I was "Gay".

Sorry for rambling on, but I ask the question is there such a thing as "BI" because for me, I use the term "Bi" during a time in my life when I was discovering what I was. It was too hard to admit I was gay so saying I was "BI" seemed better at that time.

What Do you all think about the term "Bi"

• 13 votes
  • 0 votes
twshield 8 Feb 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm bisexual and have known it since age 10. I'm equally attracted to men and women. The chemistry is there with both. I'm sexually attracted, physically attracted, intellectually attracted.

Good question. I too used to use the term Bi. Now I use pansexual for lack off a label that comes closer to describing my sexuality. I'm pretty close to starting HRT. I don't wish to go any farther than that. I'm excited about and feel rather special to be androgynous.

i think that bisexuality is not only real, it's the norm although most of us have strong preferences one way or the other - while there may be some people who can only be sexually attracted to one sex, we can't know for certain that we fall into that category without meeting everyone in the world, everyone who has ever lived and everyone who ever will live. For example, I consider myself heterosexual: I've never met a man I felt even remotely sexually attracted to; however, I can't know that I never will. There are a lot of men in the world after all, and I've only met a tiny percentage of them.

Jnei Level 8 Feb 21, 2018

Gosh, what a great response!!! Loved it. Really.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:27119
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.