Agnostic.com

2 2

[thegavoice.com]

I get so tired of the south sometimes.

MatthewX 4 Feb 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I read the bill, and it makes me wonder how a non-person entity can have a religious belief, or if this falls under the same ruling that makes corporations persons.

Second, it doesn't give the child the power to refuse services of said agencies or organizations, based on opposition to said agencies' or organizations' "strongly held religious beliefs." Under this construction, it seems children could find themselves in a situation being placed by an agency they consider hostile to who they are, and being placed with someone they find equally hostile. In the worse-case scenario, that could expose children to all manner of psychological abuse under the guise of some religious practice. This could include children falling under the LGBTQ umbrella, non-religious umbrella, and probably non-Christian religion umbrella.

I guess my question is, even assuming this bill doesn't pass, and said agencies are still allowed to do this, are the children offered any protections?

Unfortunately I feel like most of the time the children in the system are forgotten and that nobody listens to them. It definitely would have so many negative effects.

You would think by now with all the northertns moving down south that they would be able to break up these bible belt individuals and enact some decent laws and elect some decent politicians. Somehow we need to convince the south the war between the states was over many years ago and that they need to move into the new age.

Right I’m trying to get into the film industry and if they aren’t careful they’ll scare the film industry away which is making our state billions.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:27157
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.