Agnostic.com

3 5

LINK A tiny engraving on a rock suggests Neanderthals made art - BBC Reel

Three well presented videos, very informative.

zblaze 7 Jan 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's fascinating. It's civilisation in its own way. Maye it could be called proto-civilisation but that might tend to let mainstream science off the hook for refusing to readjust their thinking in the light of so many findings pushing civilisation back into the Ice Age.

That was a great video. Very informational. Thanks for posting.

SCal Level 7 Jan 23, 2019

Why would they not?

Why would they not what Jolanta?

@zblaze Why would the not make rock art, after all people all over the world like to doodle, so why would we think it so "fantastic" or unusual that our fore fathers didn't?

@Jolanta These folks are a whole lot older than our forefathers, more along the lines of 'common ancestors'. I found all three videos very interesting, I'm sorry you didn't.

@zblaze I did, however when it comes to our forefathers how far does one go. Aren't they all our forefathers no matter how far back.

@Jolanta Forefathers are usually in reference to a particular nation. Karl Marx wouldn't be considered our forefather. This was long before a nation was even a concept.

@zblaze I do know that but how long does one go. Is it because our so called forefathers looked like apes that we don't want to acknowledge that actually they were our forefathers?

@Jolanta It's just semantics, like I said, forefathers are used in reference to nations, or being able to show direct heritage to, not to ancestors that existed 150K years ago.

As an ape myself, I have no problem with identifying an ancient forefather as an ape.

@zblaze Yes I have seen the photo

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:272123
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.