Agnostic.com

1 0

How bad is our food supply contaminated with chemicals additives insecticides and herbicides and many other additives?
Other wording on labels is concentrate, culture, gums, these words describe a substance that does not list the ingredients so you do not know what you are ingesting. I recently bought some sardines that I had been eating for years and they gave me heartburn so I looked on the label and the tomato sauce and a new ingredient called cellulose gum. I read searched it and found out it's a chemical used in the oil drilling business as a lubricant. It's also used as an extender in food products.

dc65 7 Feb 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Healthline warns of unknown risks with cellulose gum. Animal products and processed foods are full of poisons. [healthline.com]

@Lysistrata I believe some of food additives change the type of bacteria growing in your intestines and this may have side effects because it promotes different types of bacteria that the human body never had, those organisms may decompose the food differently and release compounds that affect our well-being.
I try to eat non-processed foods with no salt and no additives it is so hard to find those types of food. I think the two worst additives we use in our food is salt and corn syrup we get to much of those additives. At some point I would like to start producing my own food maybe 80 to 90% my own.

@dc65 I'm with you on the gut bacteria. Upper and lower intestine needs to be populated and fed. I'm not 100% whole food at this point. I work a lot and I fast daily, so it's often late by the time I get around to eating, and I just don't have the energy to cook from scratch at 8pm. I do try to pick fairly healthy brands, though. Salt remains a big problem for me. I'm terribly addicted. I tried to quit it all together a year ago and I had problems with insomnia.

I'd love to produce my own food. I just don't have time or space right now.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:27387
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.