Agnostic.com

7 4

Healthy mind, healthy body

Does being happy make a person healthy or does being healthy make a person happy? How much influence do emotions have on ones physical health?

Cutiebeauty 9 Jan 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I seem to recall that the Chinese have a philosophy in their medicine that the two are firmly connected and it definitely works both ways. For example, when you cut your finger, you feel pain (body -> mind) or when you feel sad, you cry (mind -> body). I remember the one key thing an ex-paramedic tutor taught me at a first aid course. He said one of your main aims is to keep the patient calm. This reduces blood pressure, heart rate etc. which in turn manages bleeding, shock etc. Manage the scene by dispersing any people crowding around the patient, make the patient comfortable and reassure them constantly. A calm patient has a better chance of recovery/survival.

I think being Happy is as important as healthy even more so, the two with being Happy first work together

Happiness does help with your health to release indorphines that repel some peoples health problems. It's not a cure all, but it does help some people.

Staying in sound physical shape can’t help but add to the capabilities and pleasures of life. With that must come an enhanced feeling of happiness..

Varn Level 8 Jan 27, 2019

ZERO, if you fuck someone who has an STD without a condom.

Both are important to one another. But it is sometimes hard to sort them out. For example if I go for a long walk I often have great thoughts, (well great by my standard anyway, ) and I come home feeling happy and well. But is it because I have solved a problem or two, or is it just the endorphins released by the exercise.

But I lost a lot of weight a few years ago and have felt better ever since, the only problem is that if I put on weight my sex drive goes up, and loosing weight kills it.

Healthy makes you happy. As proof I am fat (unhealthy) and pissed. Thanks for the reminder.

Lol

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:274875
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.