Agnostic.com

3 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They might have done that half a billion babies ago!

That might be good news. India is far smaller than the US and has over 1 billion people. It is predicted to soon overtake China. Fertility rate is lower in the North and I suspect this is where the anti-natalist reside. Now watch the government try to encourage more people to have kids.
This needs to happen, quickly, globally.

Fertility rate is lower in the north? Can you provide any evidence? The Ganga delta is the most populous place on the earth in terms of density.

@Spongebob I have not seen any direct studies but, as a long-time student of population demographics, I am always alert to things I have read or hear. I do remember a NPR report on this and this statement. It would take some research to find the studies.

@JackPedigo [en.m.wikipedia.org]
It is the opposite

@Spongebob Thanks, I'm not surprised it was the other way around as it was some time ago. Wow, there is a big drop. I wonder how the government will react.

The planet could use a million or more less people on it. I welcome stories like this.

The planet could use several billion fewer people on it. Studies have shown, at the present carbon footprint rate the planet could host 2 billion at most.
Right now this planet is experiencing 86 million new people net, per year. That's one US in 3 years!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:275387
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.