Agnostic.com

2 1

LINK Trump’s golf course employed undocumented workers — and then fired them amid showdown over border wall - The Washington Post

'Edmundo Morocho, an Ecuadoran maintenance worker, said he was hired around 2000 with a green card and Social Security card that he said he purchased in Queens for about $50. The green card he showed The Washington Post says it expired in 2002, but a decade passed before the Trump club told him that he needed to replace it, he said.

Morocho bought a new card, he said. It had a different birth date than the first one, but he said the Trump club didn’t raise questions. (...)

“The accountant took copies and said, ‘Okay, it’s fine,’ ” Morocho recalled. “He didn’t say anything more." (...)

Another employee — Jesus Lira, a banquet chef from Mexico — said that, on two occasions in 2008, an accountant at the Trump club rejected his fake documents and told him to go obtain better ones.

“She said, ‘I can’t accept this, go back and tell them to do a better job,’ ” Lira recalled. He said he returned to Queens a third time and found documents that the club accepted.'

How hypocritical can you get? Your company hires illegal immigrants while you campaign to keep them out?

Paul4747 8 Jan 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's what's been happening in our country. People come in without documents, someone puts them to work at low wages. They're here for the jobs. They're not sucking up a lot of freebies, they're working and trying to get by, while being taken advantage of by "the Man". Like the guy in the White House. Saying one thing, while doing another. Do as I say, not as I do.

And what happens to the next level employees in the organization, the ones that let it go and only applied this law that benefitted Nobody when the chips were down? Are they going to get fired?

Damn good question.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:275609
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.