Agnostic.com

4 0

QUESTION Armed deputy at Florida school resigns after failing to engage shooter

Does having armed guards even help in these school shooting situations? How many are just going to hide from the shooter?

UrsiMajor 8 Feb 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

we need more data to decide upon this guard's fitness for another job ..... did he call for back up ? Was he denied a bullet proof vest ?? Was his job description or on site training have any conflicting rules of engagement ??? Did he have prior knowledge of this former student/remember him from previous attendance ???? Was he paid enough for affording a very large life insurance policy to cover his family or beneficiaries and should it be "combat pay ? " ????? Was there "cover" or a safe path to sneak up on this SAVAGE SICKO ?????? Did the guard have a clear shot at the perpetrator or was he out of effective range down a long hallway where bullets can ricochet off walls in unpredictable directions ???????????

I wonder if he is a card carrying NRA MEMBER?

The Police officer we have at the school where I work sure does not make me feel any safer.
He walks around with his gun in plain view any kid or a couple of kids could disarm him, they are all bigger than him. A couple weeks ago in Minnesota a school officer sat next to an elementary student who touched his gun and it discharged into the floor.

given that the US Army takes minimally intelligent enlistees/recruits, the two "guards" you describe above Ktcyan seem more stupid than soldiers I know....we need concealed carry HIGHLY SKILLED "air marshalls" trained not to depressurize a aircraft cabin @ high altitudes....if they are good shots ready to handle terrorists in flight, they could make schools safer

I imagine some of the guards will just go and hide and some will do the job properly get the insane person. We need to catch those people before they start killing...

dc65 Level 7 Feb 23, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:27994
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.