Agnostic.com

3 1

Need housing fast. Got kicked out because my toddler found a sharpie and drew on the wall. .. So yea. If anyone is in aiken and is willing to help meout I would greatly appreciate it.

Jswearingen92 5 Feb 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Wow, landlords are totally getting outa control. You have rights and they can't just throw u out, esp if a lease is involved, I know a little about that industry since I do home repair,and ive seen tennants stay months over, but its all based on local laws.

How awful that you were kicked out for something so trivial - toddlers do that sort of thing with little understanding of why they shouldn't and it doesn't take much effort to put right, so I think the person you rented the property from has massively over-reacted.

I hope you'll find somewhere else, owned by someone with a little more understanding, very soon.

Jnei Level 8 Feb 24, 2018

Rubbing alcohol takes it off, unless it sits a long time. ... Also magic eraser works too.

Usually the landlord is required to give you time to fix the problem. Sharpie on a wall is not reason for a immediate termination due to substantial damage.

I'd call a lawyer about that one, it sounds like it is a trumped up item and the real reason is being hidden. If you have already left it might be too late, I don't know.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:28029
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.