Agnostic.com

25 11

What is symbolically - metaphorically meaningful to you?

@SteveB recently made a post asking: are we all diamonds in the rough ready to be polished? "Do you do things that allow you to be the best you can be?"

I was inspired to make this post.

Diamonds are my favorite gemstone. They are the hardest known natural material on both the Vickers scale and the Mohs scale, contributing to their stability as a gem.

They are meaningful to me --- not in a De Beers, “diamonds are a girl’s best friend” hyper-marketed BS sort of way, but symbolically–-metaphorically.

Steve's post reminded me of one of my favorite quotes:

"Diamonds are held under tons and tons of pressure, extremely high temperatures of fire and shuffled under shifting of tectonic plates, for a long, long time! Yet when they come out from there and are put on display for their beauty; does anybody stop to evaluate the diamond based upon all the shit it’s been through and say “Remember that disgusting hole it used to be in? I bet it was hell in there!”

No, people don’t remember where a diamond has come from; they just see the beauty of it now. But it wouldn’t have become so beautiful, you know, if not for all of that!"

~ C. JoyBell C.

VictoriaNotes 9 Feb 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

25 comments (26 - 25)

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:28211
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.