Agnostic.com

3 4

LINK Siberian deep freeze breaks 50-year record

brrrrrrrrrrrrr Extreme Polar Vortex!
You know it's cold when Siberia is breaking records!

MOSCOW, February 6. /TASS/. Several temperature records were broken yesterday throughout Siberia, which has weathered a fierce cold snap as thermometers haved plunged to -30-40 degrees since early February. In particular, this deep freeze is the most frigid one in the history of whether monitoring that has ever been registered in Novosibirsk and Novokuznetsk. In those regions, where emergencies services had been previously activated and various mass events had been cancelled, railway employees are actively working to clear hoarfrost from infrastructure posing potential damage to metal rail works.

SkotlandSkye 8 Feb 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm waiting for Trump to tell them they just need to shovel their snow! Then, it wouldn't be so cold!

Pretty scary and it might start coming our way soon. Maybe that's Putin's problem - brain freeze.

the polar vortex spreads out from the top of the world & arrived in NA weeks ago. chicago had record lows.
here in Van Isle the polar vortex seldom gets to us but it got here a week ago & our temps are way below normal.

@callmedubious Our state is under a state of emergency from the governor. High winds and heavy snow (up to a whooping 8 inches lol). Fortunately, for us anyway, that's for central Washington. Here we are having high wind bursts (50-60 mph) and some snow (so far about 3/4 inches maybe more tomorrow.) It's all relative and nothing like the mid-west and east. Again, maybe the ultra cold gives people brain freeze that cause them to vote for the wrong people. What's it like on Vancouver Island?

@JackPedigo ,
just a little colder than seattle. we never really got much snow but it's not melting.
i know i'm really old but i can remember winters in victoria when we got maybe a couple dustings & then it would be gone the next day.
i much prefered the view i had of palm trees just over a week ago.

And I complained about -30° for two days. Silly me. I'd never enjoy the cold for long.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:283669
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.