Agnostic.com

13 1

Hey there everyone! It drives me crazy when people don't spell correctly or use correct grammar while typing messages. My boss at work does this, she uses lower case letters for everything! She will type an email and use lower case letters for the persons first or last name. I'm no expert but seriously? Does anyone else feel this way? To me it says you are illiterate.

Presley1209 7 Feb 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Your being a litell picke.

Could be I suppose!

You misspelled liddle

@PappyOnWings ????

@PappyOnWings It was supposed to be a liddle smiley face. I don't understand why it came up question marks.

Born in St Louis and raised in Blue Springs till my family moved to Michigan. I do have some distant relatives still down there.

I spell better than my computer, it seems to want to preempt what i want to type, then ignore what I do type and leave in words that do not apply to my sentence.

That's frustrating!

But I'm dyslexic and right now I'm using an app called Grammarly with spell check to help me do this and I hate writing because of it. not being bothered is maybe another thing but in the big picture of life as long as you understand, is it such a big deal really?

I just think people should use correct grammar, especially at work, it portrays a lot about you I think. It's like my boss doesn't care about it. Now on platforms such as this I still use proper grammar. Its my own hang-up that I have to deal with.

one dyslexic to another, we have had to learn to read no matter how jumbled up it gets, so I never reallt notice, or if I do, the mind tries to reassemble it

yes, my friend, the people who don't like bad grammar don't see the struggles I had with school, my own father and in everyday life like now writing this still trying to get it right. it's like me saying I hate people who can't draw because I'm an artist or I hate cripples who can't walk or blind who can't see. now if your job involves specifically writing properly like a secretary or newspaper I completely agree about grammar etc.

I don't like it. I'm not at the point of pulling my hair out or correcting people though. Unless it's a kid. If you are in a professional setting I think it's more important. If it's online and I get the gist of the message then I don't say anything.

Same here.

Why don't my emoji's show up?

You fuckers! Thanks for the chuckles tho!

Devils advocate. it really dryves me knuts when people go on a there illatirary pronunksiasion rants. i offten fond miself cussing spell chech wen it can't find da word im loocing fur. Are they out to prove they're better? Or happy to find someone to insult.

OMG! I almost couldn't finish that! ????

@Presley1209 I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to have fun with that.

have to agree with you. people who do this are know friends of mine

Lol, really?

@Presley1209 Jokes. I can see your point to be fair. I don't let it get to me, but I tend to have more of an issue with text talk. I don't mind it, but I don't think I have ever LOL'd or written c u l8r at any point in my life. Also my grammar/spelling isn't particularly great so it would be unfair for me to say something.

@RobH86 I was seriously laughing at all the incorrect typing. It put a great twist on my rant!

People are just lazy or don't know how to use their devices properly and too lazy to learn

Depends on the format emails lower and upper , texts whatever , Facebook whatever , debates on Facebook upper and lower

????????????????

I'm with you on this 100% !

Thank you!

i"m Totaly aGree,!

OFGS! ????????

@Presley1209 Sorry, Presley... just had to push your buttons a little bit. Could not help myself.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:28398
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.