Agnostic.com

2 2

LINK How Your Brain Decides Without You - Nautilus - Pocket

I may have posted this before, but it's still worth checking out.

Tomfoolery33 9 Feb 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

“Dan Kahan has suggested, polarization does not happen with debates like climate change because one side is thinking more analytically, while the other wallows in unreasoned ignorance or heuristic biases.9 Rather, those subjects who tested highest on measures like “cognitive reflection” and scientific literacy were also most likely to display what he calls “ideologically motivated cognition.”

Very interesting!

Very interesting indeed. When I was in law enforcement we dealt with this on a constant basis when doing reports.

I reported to a robbery in a convenience store with 6 people involved. Only one gave an exact description ( the one with the gun in his face ) but everyone else gave maybe a 25% accurate description and even then only two others came close to matching each other.

So thank you for sharing that btw. ??

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:287075
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.