Agnostic.com

3 0

Since I’ve been away from religion for at least 20 years, I feel like the Evangelicals broadsided me.

I thought they were just another harmless group. But their political association seems to be far from normal.

What have I been missing?

Pastor_Dan 4 Feb 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Religion should NEVER be conjoined with politics. Not only does it muddy the waters, it brings out the lunatics! Any entity that puts religion ahead of the tenets of the constitution should be made to pay taxes (ie: churches). The Founding Fathers wisely decided to keep politics and religion totally separate! I will vehemently fight to keep our country secular.

ParkS Level 4 Feb 26, 2018

There seems to me, the separation of church and state has been raped and abused. Money & politics trumps the First Amendment.

Yerp. As a young man we called them holy rollers and they pretty much kept to themselves. Then the GOP made an unholy alliance with them and created a huge evangelical political movement. And in fact a large segment of them, the Seven Mountain Dominionists, are actively and openly trying to turn America into a theocracy based on their hate filled interpretation of the Old Testament. I don't have a problem with religion per se, but when they want to make their religion the law of the land, major problem.

They are not harmless, they are very politically motivated. I have made the realization lately that politics and religion are very intertwined. They preach politics in their churches, that's why the democrats lose because they don't have that platform or sense of community. When the leader of a christian organization endorses a politician all of the followers follow like sheep, that is why they call it a flock.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:28755
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.