Agnostic.com

7 10

LINK Teen Who Defied Anti-Vaxx Mom Speaks Out: Vaccinations Are 'Good And Beneficial' | HuffPost

He's one of many siblings who were denied routine, life saving vaccinations. What makes one child rebel and the others comply? They're exposed to the same environment and indoctrination; yet, only one chooses to stand up and think for himself, basing his decision on science and research rather than swallowing the pill he's been fed. I think we all here can relate to that.

Amzungu 8 Feb 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Parents who truly care would never expose their children to risk, but many are misinformed by "fad medical advice", or religious cult. Therefore, it is imperative to allow children of mental maturity the option to seek non-parental advice and act according to their own wishes.

Teens need more protections to do these things without fear. Im sure this teen was afraid, but I have seen parents that would have physically and mentally destroyed their own child. And, in some states been mostly protected in doing so.

Looks like the crazy gene is not necessarily inherited. The odd thing about this story is the woman got her older two children vaccinated with apparently no ill effects, but refused to get her younger kids vaccinated. This is why every state should require vaccinations before kids are allowed to attend public school, and only make exceptions in rare health situations (e.g. kids with immune deficiency issues that make vaccines risky). No exceptions for religious or philosophical reasons.

Rebel in every family . . in this case one with a brain & a spine

I bet the vax propaganda is side by side HuffPO against the life saving wall to keep out killers kidnappers sex trafficking dope peddling gun running disease infested pregnant anchor baby invaders busting our unions and local hospitals welfare budgets

I assume the parent/s are not JW or religious nuts against all medicine for all idiotic faiths.....blind support for vax is SCIENTISM....blind avoidance of vax is ignorance without answers or not asking the right questions

Support for vaccinations is not a blind faith issue AT ALL, so please do not confuse the two. Vaccination safety and efficacy is very well documented in scientific research. Though, if I had to put blind faith in something, it would be science every single damn day of the week.

This is not an either or equation....there are many factors to consider regarding vax....hepatitis does not equal gardasil.....flu does not equal measles.....liver function is not equal in all humans.....all my children have all their vax and none got sick or mimic autism.....but my GREAT NEPHEW was lucky to be born in a teaching hospital that tests neonatal liver function....he needs 3 injections per week just to digest food ....most hospitals would have killed him with vax and failed to diagnose his helpless liver.....so parents get all the facts about risks and co-factors contraindications vax while also getting the benefits of safe vax

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:288256
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.