Agnostic.com

1 0

At the grocery store last night. The guy in front of me is hot, I mean SMOKIN' hot, maybe not by traditional standards, but I'm not a traditional gal. I digress...So, the girl in the deli dept is taking AGES to get his order together. Meanwhile, we are exchanging glances and smiles and all the other nonsense you do to maintain a stranger's attention. He looks like he is about to approach me, when the deli girl comes back with his order. She apologies for taking so long. He takes it from her and says, "bless you my child! The lord is good to us, and we gratefully accept his bounty!" I'm not sure what happened after that, as I was halfway across the parking lot by that time...Not sure what the point is, if there is one, or if there are more than one. I just know that as soon as he started in on the god shit, my desire turned ice cold, and I couldn't wait to get out of there!! Does that make me a bigot? I'd like to think not, but it kind of does...

Katastrophe1969 6 Feb 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You know what you like and you know what you don't like. I think that you would sound shallow if you went after a person that you were physically attracted to, but didn't respect.

Don't beat yourself up. What if the man had said something racist or sextist? Would you still feel guilty about that? I might be pushing the line a bit, but religion has been used to support both racism and sex ism. I'm sorry but I don't think that it is bad to separate yourself from people with completely contradictory values. @Katastrophe1969

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:28844
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.