Agnostic.com

5 3

Sexual Assault of Men Played for Comedy

It's even used in children's cartoons. This video is disturbing, and I'm stunned at the prevalence of this theme in the entertainment media --- that sexual assault or threatening sexual assault of men is somehow supposed to be funny.

It's also disparaging to women and homosexuals and racist undertones are in the mix. The video is newly released and runs just under 30 minutes. I hope you all will find the time to watch this.

"It’s hard to overstate just how common jokes about men being sexually assaulted are in entertainment media. Most popular comedic actors engage in this type of humor. Jokes are typically designed to demean, humiliate, control, or emasculate a male character for being the victim, or potential victim, of sexual violence."

VictoriaNotes 9 Feb 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Never really thought about it this way. A sad awakening indeed.

There is NOTHING remotely "funny" about sexual assault.
SMFH

This morning on NPR was an interview with a former S. Baptist woman who had been sexually assaulted and carried lots of scars. She talked about how the abuse affected her and even at an older age she got really emotional. She also mentioned it would be a cold day in hell before she entered another church BUT that she still believed there is a god and Jesus.
It's not just priests but clergy (and too often men) in general.

If you think that's bad watch the documentary called The Red Pill

As a man who's very recently coming to terms with the idea that I was, in fact, raped by a woman, I find this highly offensive. It's even more offensive because a big part of the reason I didn't come to terms with it before is because I felt guilty about calling it rape due to the belief that it wasn't really rape since I was a guy.

There was a recent case of an Australian woman who was in charge of a children's center who was molesting children. When it was uncovered the woman fled the country. It was another report from FFRF's Black Collar Crime.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:288485
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.