Agnostic.com

2 1

LINK Liberals and Conservatives Are Both Susceptible to Fake News, but for Different Reasons - Scientific American Blog Network

New research suggests both liberals and conservatives are motivated to believe fake news, and dismiss real news that contradicts their ideologies

Matias 8 Feb 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I can see that if a person has a strong belief in an ideology and they identify intimately with that ideology they’d be looking for evidence to reinforce their belief at every turn as an exercise in ego.

The odd thing is that conservatism and liberalism are not opposites—in their purest form a person can be both liberal and conservative at the same time. Those who are the most zealous in their partisanship are mainly just playing ego games IMO, though they might not even be aware of that.

They ought to redo the study and provide a category for “both liberal and conservative”. I’ll bet those folks would be more resistant to fake news.

I support "Egalitarian Classical Liberal Capitalism".

@PBuck0145

I’m not sure what that is but I like the name.

I’m interested in State Capitalism, such as in Norway.

SA articles tend to be less biased than those from the MSM.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:289480
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.