Agnostic.com

5 3

Did I Sleep Through The Invasion?

Trump made a speech sometime yesterday. I might have been taking a nap. But evidently, we're being invaded.

“We’re talking about an invasion of our country with drugs, with human traffickers, with all types of criminals and gangs,” he said. He used the word “invasion” seven times. [washingtonpost.com]

And the only solution? Build the wall that he just happened to have made one of his key campaign promises, and yet has done jack-shit about for the past two years. Lucky for him he now has a Democrat majority House that he can blame for opposing him on the issue, instead of a Republican Congress who did nothing for two years. No profit in blaming your own party, now is there?

So, apparently we have a national emergency, and I missed it. It hasn't been an emergency until just now, and it wasn't an emergency when Republicans controlled all three branches of government, but since last month, evidently, the emergency... emerged. Despite the fact that illegal immigration is at a 40-year low. Despite the fact that Trump himself said, “I didn’t need to do this, but I’d rather do it much faster.”

So, back to my question: Where's the invasion? Has anyone else seen it? When did it happen? If we've been invaded, where are the live pictures of troops in action, battling hordes of enemies? Should I be rushing to my Armed Forces Recruiting Station and volunteering to oppose the waves of evil coming across the Rio Grande? Or does Trump just not know the difference between "invasion" and "infiltration"?

Or is it possibly all just a load of hooey?

Biased poll question follows.

• 1 vote
  • 15 votes
  • 2 votes
  • 0 votes
Paul4747 8 Feb 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Be strong he will have another for your enjoyment in a few days.

He is attempting to turn the presidency into a dictatorship.

I remember Donald Trump quickly saying "Maybe there'll be a president for life" I don't think he will leave in 2020.

Right on cue the caravans caravanish.

Trump plays to his racist base.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:290790
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.