Agnostic.com

11 3

Does anyone else curse at the site when the alerts won't clear? (alerts popup, desktop site)

• 4 votes
  • 10 votes
bingst 8 Feb 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Good thing I use the app and not a web browser then if the notifications are messed up, although since some of the recent updates I've noticed the site lags a little bit at times.

Frequently.

My phone messes up so often I wouldn't be able to discern which was at fault.

I curse... Silently....

There's always something wrong going on with this site. For the last few months I've had a permanent "new message" alert on the Messenger icon in the top right corner (the envelope). Also for the past 2 days, the Recent Member Activity area has been stuck on the "New Comments" tab as its default setting instead of it being set to "Newest."

I've never had it happen on here, but it's been doing it with my Facebook app for a few weeks now and it is rather annoying.

Just hit the refresh button on your computer.

I do that, but it doesn't help all that much.

@bingst

It works for me. When I see an Agnostic.com pop-up, I hit "refresh" and the notification appears at the top of the page.

I honestly have never had that problem.
My alerts stay cleared after I use that function.

From the popup on the desktop site?

@bingst Yes. I just " x " them out. If they come back, I don't notice.

What f××king alerts?!

No, but now I know what to do when that happens?

I have in the past

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:291412
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.