Agnostic.com

1 0

LINK 20 years, 700 victims: Southern Baptist sexual abuse spreads as leaders resist reforms - Houston Chronicle

It's not just a recent problem: In all, since 1998, roughly 380 Southern Baptist church leaders and volunteers have faced allegations of sexual misconduct, the newspapers found. That includes those who were convicted, credibly accused and successfully sued, and those who confessed or resigned. More of them worked in Texas than in any other state.

zblaze 7 Feb 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Its very disturbing to hear of this massive cover-up. I had suspected it for many years as a kid. I'm so glad that this HAS come to light because my step-father was and still is a respected member of the evangelical church and he sexually abused me for years. I only reported him last year because I was afraid to come forward.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:291965
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.