Agnostic.com

3 3

LINK Iceland Sentences 26 Corrupt Bankers To 74 Years In Prison | Geopolitica.RU

Some countries still have the balls to prosecute corrupt bankers. i wish we still did this in the U.S.!

snytiger6 9 Feb 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

unlike the US banksters who got bailed out by the govt & are now richer than ever.
which country has a true democracy?

Never underestimate the power of a smallish island with a small population. I see this as just another example of how too many of us competing for a limited resource base can corrupt. (Iceland is a Nordic island country in the North Atlantic, with a population of 348,580 and an area of 103,000 km2 (40,000 sq mi), making it the most sparsely populated country in Europe). Yes, it is cold and volcanic but it does have some important natural resources.

The U.S. needs to do this but I fear it would be our entire banking community.

I moved my accounts to a local credit union back when Occupy Wall Street was happening. I tell people that with ease of access via debit cards and ATM networks, you no longer need a big bank for convenience.

I think the big banks shoudl be broken up. If they are "too big to fail" then they are too big to exist. Especially if they tke big risks in the expectation of being bailed out if the risk turns out to be a bad one.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:291988
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.