Agnostic.com

1 1

Could the US Supreme Court hypothecally re-introduce Alcohol Prohibition?

Amendments to the Constitution of the United States are at the Mercy of the unpredictable surges of madness in US Politics.

My point is that the US Constitution sends mixed messages.

1. Every human being has the inalienable right to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. That's the first message.

Which is very nice, if we all just mind our own business, and go about our day.

But then we have the *Federal Prohibition of Alcohol Amendment to the US Constitution😘

2. Amendment 19 was ratified on 16 January, 1919 and repealed on 5 December, 1933.
This, to my mind, right now is at the top of the list of the US Supreme Court's greatest abuses of power.

Here in Canada the abortion debate is done and dusted. Never again to be debated in Parliament. We don't live with that constant national stress that a Canadian Charter Right is subject to Nationalist Madness.

Now to my question: Why is the US Constitution defended with such nationalistic fervor when, in reality, our Canadian Charter of Rights is a more rational and ethical instrument?

SidneyWinston 6 Feb 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Reluctance to change in USA also reasons the right hates progressives.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:292692
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.