Agnostic.com

4 6

Oscar-nominated documentary "Minding the Gap" tackles domestic violence through the lens of race and gender

“I was trying to get at the causes of violence, to tackle it that way," director Bing Lui said. "Most of media shows you the effect. I wanted to look at why violence is rationalized."

"Director Bing Liu explores masculinity, domestic violence and race — all through the lens of skateboarding — in his hometown of Rockford, Illinois."

[nbcnews.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Feb 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Great post. Think I need to see this.

I hope Jussie Smollett is not in it

Through the lens of race and gender could it be?

@Mersyman1

You're right. It was a typo. Fixed it. Thanks.

I think whoever wrote the headline for the article failed to proofread. The "lens of race of gender" doesn't make sense to me. Race and/or gender, yes; race OF gender, no.

@critonella

The headline makes sense to me. "The lens of" refers to frame of reference.

We all have our individual frame of reference, based on our education and experience so far. It's like looking through a lens, interpreting what we see and experience.

@Merseyman1

Thanks. It was a typo. I fixed it: "race and gender."

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:292994
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.