Agnostic.com

3 0

Inguinal Hernia Surgery

Has anyone here had inguinal hernia surgery? How soon did you recover? Any pain or discomfort weeks or months after?6

Erick67 6 Feb 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've had 2. That's what you didn't want to hear, because the first surgery didn't last. Well it did, it lasted 10 years and then ripped open.

Be prepared for exquisite agony the first time your body pushes waste through the section that was repaired. Or I didn't get the right pain meds.

But it is worth it to get rid of the damn thing.

Wow. I hope I have better luck.

@Erick67 my first was '86 and I believe they just stitched the muscles together then, whereas they used a mesh patch on round 2.

@CallMeDave I think they will go straight to mesh patch with me.

I had one done almost 20 years ago, I was home that afternoon and fully recovered in two weeks.

I hope that is the case with me.

Yes, i had it about 15 years ago and it was bilateral (both sides). Mine was done laparoscopically and I was out of hospital the next day. I was sore for about a week but the pain wasn't unbearable at all. There was a small amount of pain for a few weeks after but it was easily managed.
I had no discomfort after about 6 weeks.

I see. That was not too bad.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:293867
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.