Agnostic.com

5 0

Was this hate speech?

I know it wasn't I just wanted to hear everyone's thoughts on it. Check this out. I was in a vegan group on Facebook and a woman was asking everyone to give advice based on their previous relationships. After the debacle I had with my ex wife I told all the men on there to take the red pill and become MGTOW. The person who started the thread said i was spewing hate speech and that she was going to report me to the admin. Nowhere in the thread was I threatening, did I call her out of her name or did I use profanity. What she was trying to do was goad me so that she could get me sent back to Facebook prison but I didn't take the bait. It's sad that we cannot peacefully disagree without someone getting triggered.

mrveggieman187 6 Feb 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I had to Google MGTOW. Guess I have lived a sheltered life. If this is a movement, then I don't have enough information on it to comment. If I accept the Google definition at face value, I'd have to argue that i have never met a man who didn't already "go his own way." Male privilege is a real thing, so why would a man feel threatened by any woman?

Deb57 Level 8 Feb 20, 2019

@OwlInASack right because we all know that feminist don't hate men. /sarcasm

@mrveggieman187 I suggest you look up the definition of the word "feminist." "Man hater" is not the definition of feminist. Ignorance is an unattractive trait.

@Deb57 IDGAF what Google says. I judge feminist by their actions. Female feminist are men haters and male feminist are a bunch of emasculated simps.

@mrveggieman187 I am a feminist and so are both my sons. None of us hate men. You are wrong.

Why does every choice, lifestyle, decision and behaviour now need to be labeled with an unfathomable acronym and designated good or bad, hateful or not hateful, acceptable or unacceptable.
There are two labels only abusive in that it causes actual damage worth of prosecution or that which should be ignored as attention seeking nonsense.
Everything else, is none of our business it is just how someone chooses to live thier life.

This new habit of black and white thinking, judging and disapproving to the point of hatred, trial by media is so pathetic when we have spent literally thousands of years building a system of laws.
Enforce the law, prosecute the predatory, keep society safe and free for adults who behave like adults.

On the point of the post if a man or a woman chooses to have nothing to do with the opposite sex, GOOD, they are probably not worth associating with anyway and are considerately keeping their unpleasantness to themselves, what is the problem?

Those who go looking for problems will inevitably find them, those who want to be "triggered" (Jeez I hate that expression) will always find something to be triggered about.
In short bored internet trolls need to get a real life.

@OwlInASack This why I said enforce the laws, and to clarify that is to enforce the laws on everyone regardless of status.

The best thing that could happen is both men and women making their own lives and supporting themselves. I also think that we need more people to embrace the idea of remaining Childfree by Choice and focusing on their own goals, ambitions, careers, and dreams.

Furthermore, in an effort to save the planet and our animal brothers and sisters....we need to drastically reduce the human population.

I believe remaining childfree should be part of Ethical Veganism.

I suppose she saw MGTOW as hating on women. I am not sure what it would have to do with veganism, or why you brought it up there, hopefully it came up organically.

You are right however that a sane determination of hate speech by a moderator would have to look at your actual behavior and words and simply identifying with MGTOW would not be sufficient, even if you buy the argument that it's a hate movement.

To that question, I have little doubt that MGTOW has a good number of bitter misogynists in it, but it would be wrong to consider a member of that movement a woman-hater.

My net experiences with relationships throughout life could easily have led me in the MGTOW direction. I just tend to think that my relationship malfunctions are far more likely to reflect my own inabilities (and those of many women) rather than some defect in all women. I don't feel entitled to have a certain kind of relationship with a certain kind of woman, and have severe doubts that either really exist anyway.

In other words I see the problem as being with the human condition, not with women as such. It's actually worse than MGTOW makes it out to be, because there's no one simplistic throat to choke, no Hated Other to fix blame on and have the satisfaction of demonizing. I see women as persons who suffer their own disillusionments and rejections and betrayed expectations. It's absurd to think that they have it ever so much better than men.

She is free to report anything she likes, of course, but it was an ugly thing to say. Perhaps blocking is her would be a good idea?!

Which was ugly, what she said or what I said? She blocked me btw.

@mrveggieman187 her ugly, you blocked??? Geez louise!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:294048
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.