Agnostic.com

4 4

LINK Notable women

A history of gender bias especially important in today’s #MeToo movement

I just learned a new word (but don’t ask me how to pronounce it or how it works – yet). Prosopography has the potential of bringing women’s accomplishments to light.

JackPedigo 9 Feb 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As a woman I have come to accept we are not notable enough for some. Not happy about that, this article was a refreshing read.
Really must diversify the senate in this country. Made it in Congress now we need to go for broke!!
Thanks for posting.

I do not think it will receive much use even the pronouncement of the word is a challenge.

It is gaining use among historians. The fact that Wikipedia is looking at it is encouraging.

I personally feel there are others reasons, besides tribalism, that women have not gained the notability they deserve and this might be an important example.

@JackPedigo Great for anything that would help their cause.

@Marine That's why I submitted it. Funny, no women have reacted to the post.

Thank you!

Lol! What?
You can't pronounce it?
Not an accomplishment!

See Marine above. I am not alone. Many important words can be difficult to pronounce and many words have different pronunciations. My partner was from Iran. How is that correctly pronounced? She was always correcting people who said I ran (wrong).

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:295323
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.