Agnostic.com

1 2

LINK Romanian Philosopher Emil Cioran on the Courage to Disillusion Yourself – Brain Pickings

Interesting article. I'm not quite sure what I think about it yet...

Tomfoolery33 9 Feb 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I actually think the last paragraph quoted is the most apropos to America's present crisis.

"America stands before the world as an impetuous void, a fatality without substance. Nothing prepared her for hegemony; yet she tends toward it, not without a certain hesitation. Unlike the other nations which have had to pass through a series of humiliations and defeats, she has known till now only the sterility of an uninterrupted good fortune. If, in the future, everything should continue to go as well, her appearance on the scene will have been an accident without influence. Those who preside over her destiny, those who take her interests to heart, should prepare for bad times; in order to cease being a superficial monster, she requires an ordeal of major scope. Having lived, hitherto, outside hell, she is preparing to descend into it. If she seeks a destiny for herself, she will find it only on the ruins of all that was her raison d’etre."

Things sure seem to be tending that way.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:297569
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.