Agnostic.com

8 7

Keith Olbermann - Best newscaster??

A recent post jogged my memory for what used to be my favorite 'Entertainment News' (as described by Olbermann) TV program on NBC - "Countdown" with Keith Olbermann. During the Deepwater Horizon incident, nearly EVERY major anchor had the facts so screwed up, there was no way the public could make heads or tails of it. As an ex-roughneck, it was easy for me to see through the fallicies presented. The ONLY newscaster that had a REAL expert on the subject was Keith! He also had great commentaries, and pulled no punches!! Where is the integrity in newscasting today?

Your thoughts??

RobCampbell 7 Feb 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Keith was fire, miss him.

Agreed. It's a bit sad that he finished-up his The Resistance news bit for the GQ YouTube channel. He only ever meant to do it for a short time. He said that he almost returned after the Michael Wollf book on Trump's administration was released.

He now covers, his first love, sports on his Twitter channel. Oh, and rescue dogs (and other pets).

Thanks for all the comments. I was kinda wondering though, who are your favorite newscaster, anyone are par with Keith?

Olbermann's perspective seems almost acuteIy unique. I watch his current Resistence show when I can find it on Youtube. The guy is brilliant, and unrelenting in his criticism of the present insanity that has taken over Washington DC, and unfortunately, much of the country. I think of him more as an analyst and commentator, as opposed to newscaster, at least in the program I mentioned.

One of my very favorites. Whether at ESPN or MSNBC he was smart and witty. Wish he was still on national television.

Integrity in media is about as rare as an honest politician.

I absolutely love him. This is one of the best news commentaries I've ever heard and he was absolutely right. It terrified me when I watched it live. Now it's just so frustrating we persist in self-destructive ignorance.

Chilling, isn't it?

@Condor5 like witnessing a slow motion train wreck that never ends.

We're there. We are so screwed. Some of them already employ their own armies. They just call them "security".

@KKGator A scary truth.

@Lysistrata I truly believe Citizens United was the beginning of the End for the US, as we know it. Believed it then, believe it now.

@KKGator fake news will not lead the way to democracy but 6000 honest people going to Congress will .....ratify Amendment ONE BILL of RIGHTS in 27 more states. ...Congress was always intended to be a face to face door to door local democracy independent of liars crooks and cops

I like Olbermann.

Keith was the last talking head to tell the truth about HR 676 MEDICARE 4 ALL he condemned the lie: " public option " arguing his sick dad and anyone's health MUST NOT BE OPTIONAL but a RIGHT....even Rachael MadCOW who replaced Keith spreads the lies for the liberal rich corporations fitting into the duopoly scam RedBLUES BlueREDS Rethuglicans Republocrats quite nicely. ...Keith came from sports where honesty can survive no mandatory lies necessary there

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:29829
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.