Agnostic.com

5 0

Why are churches and other so called non-profits tax exempt? The Catholic Church is one of the richest organizations in the world and they are tax exempt in the US.

Specman 6 Feb 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don’t like the fact that churches are tax exempt either. Hell the Mormon church has some of the largest cattle ranches in the US and is in direct competition with me.

Because many hundreds of years ago, some sniveling little sneak convinced people that they must atone for their sins, and that is best done by giving money to the church, So really the churches have always taxed monarchies, not the other way around.

OK you guys. Why no comment on Osteen and his million dollar live style??

Churches are rich beyond believe and so is the Vatican. They want to help the poor. Let them sell their treasure!!
Those evangelical pastors like Osteen live in million dollar homes but do not open the church doors to flood victims. To hell with them and let the U.S. collect all the back taxes untill osteen and his ilk are really poor and then refuse them food stamps.

For every Catholic church there is another one run out of someone's basement that wouldn't be able to operate if taxed.

Generally anything not for profit isn't taxed which includes churches, blood banks, youth enrichment stuff, etc.

It honestly doesn't bother me. I am bothered by giant corporations not taxed.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:30042
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.