Agnostic.com

5 2

I did not know that psychoactive drugs were once used to address alcoholism.

Plus I did know know there was a drug that made you less high than you are naturally in your every day life without drug use

[m.soundcloud.com]

Myah 6 Feb 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ecstasy was perscibed to married couples who were haveing problems with their marriage . Speed given to soldiers in the world wars . Cocaine in bottles of coke , heroin for colds etc . Cannabis smoked by pregnant women for morning sickness. Before prohibition of drugs they were all regularly used in medicines .

Although one has to admit 19th century médecine was kinda sketchy. I wouldnt blindly follow the prescriptions they gave at the time.

@Manestor I know but imagine the fun the had blocked nose ? Snort some coke lol

Cannabis was also used to alleviate period pains - Queen Victoria was quite a fan, supposedly.

I've been hearing about low dosages of LSD for depression in the news lately.

There are a couple of melds that have been used to treat the addiction specifically. I can't remember the names, but one caused people to vomit after drinking alcohol.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that LSD is very effective in treating alcoholism,

Jnei Level 8 Feb 27, 2018

Imagine the guy asking his doctor for a prescription of LSD because he has an alcohol problem haha. I definitely know people that could use that second kind of drug you are talking about!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:30138
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.