Agnostic.com

1 0

How are the percentages calculated? Snowball sample? Chimps picking numbers out of a fish bowl? Seem pretty random. Thoughts?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What percentages?

marga Level 7 Feb 28, 2018

Oh the numbers on different men for instance. 72% or 91% etc,.. I m sure they compare what we have in common but sometimes it's like, Really?

@Archer okay, gotcha....I agree. I'm not sure because I've not been interested enough to research, but I think all of these dating sites are based on algorithms and are pretty much useless. For example, the 'distance' one: I specified the lowest distance available, yet only 1 person has been within that range. The rest have been from all over the world.

I actually have not found a single person with my criteria that I have been interested in. This is after 4 years of experimenting with several different sites, mostly from curiosity.

Like I said, I think it's just a computer algorithm and has very little correlation to reality.

@marga I totally agree. Good luck. Have fun!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:30160
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.