Agnostic.com

10 4

Remaining positive while our world is dying

I look at my kids and wonder what their world will be like as adults....Does anyone else feel shitty inside that our generation and the ones before wrecked our planet ...how do you cope? I wish I had the power to make things better.

Chooseluv 5 Mar 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You're very fortunate to have kids. It's a problem I wish I had.

skado Level 9 Apr 8, 2019

I was ignorant when I played the small role that I did in helping to create my two kids. It was what couples did who were confident in having a longterm relationship. And though we've been together for 30-years - and while, I would hopefully have married the same person - I am pretty confident that I would have taken better precautions to not breed. I was far more confident in the outcome at 24 than I am at 51. The longer I live the more jaded that I become.

I just hope they will do better.

I question whether it might already be to late. I'm old so for me it doesn't matter very much. However, I fear for the futures of my children, grandchildren and their grandchildren.

The ultimate question. What I’ve noticed, is what they see - is all they know. Actually, they’re better prepared to deal with modern reality and degradation than we are ..the ones on who’s watch it occured..

Share your disappointment, and you won’t be blamed. Described what you did to fight it, emphasizing your ‘wins,’ and the techniques that allowed them. I raised warriors, though their fights will be at a higher level. They’ve informed, and continue to influence friends & coworkers. But they’re young..

As for me coping, long drives (or hikes) through barren land’ helps, with the realization - nothing stops nature. We may stop ourselves, but this planet will live on; it is more than man.

You asking this question gives me hope.. Sometimes, that’s all we cling to ~

Varn Level 8 Mar 3, 2019

We can’t wreck the planet. The Age of the Earth is much older than most of us can comprehend. It has gone through these ups and downs many times over. The timeline of humans on this planet compared to the Earth itself is but a speck of sand.

What we’ve done to it disgusts me. To me it’s the equivalent of taking a poop on the kitchen floor and leaving it. However the Earth will survive and fix itself. It remains to be seen if we will make it or not.

If we continue our current disrespectful trends it will be humans that suffer. The earth will continue on and eventually right itself.

One thing that gives me hope is a letter I read...A mother was writing about her mixed feelings about bringing a child into this world of war and corruption. It was dated 1865. My point is that sometimes things do seem crazy and out of control, but many have felt that in the past, and we have survived. We will straighten out this mess too,

I cope by laughing at all the chicken-little environmental propaganda. The earth is greening due to the CO2 we put in the atmosphere by burning fossil fuels. It wasn't planned that way, but it has turned our very well for mankind and our planet. [nasa.gov]

Yes, I do feel bad about how completely we failed to address things of real importance while focusing on crap that didn't mean a thing. I don't know what I would say if I had kids other than learn from our mistakes. First and foremost learn critical thinking skills so you don't get lead by the nose; second always consider the source and what they stand to gain by promoting a given point of view since so much of the media is under corporate control; finally read history because the same forces at work now were at work in the past. I try to be a positive influence where I can be, but it is overwhelming and depressing when you read the news. You just have to shut it out at a certain point and live your life.

Maybe they will do better. They couldn't do worse.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:302233
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.