Agnostic.com

5 0

QUESTION How Cosmologists Determined That the Universe Is Expanding Faster Than Anyone Thought - Motherboard

Interesting read on how the expansion of the universe is measured

david7wk 6 Feb 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The fun starts when they find out the rate of expansion is increasing, bye bye big bang theory.

I was thinking it could possibly be a local effect.

I misread that as "cosmetologists" and though I had really misunderstood that profession

What? They do hair and makeup for the stars, right? 🙂

The universal expansion theory is valid to a point, however if it is expanding exponentially then at some point it's going to implode again. I'd think this can only have a few possible affects either another big bang and the universe restarting or only slightly less likely it'll all disappear into nothing. Either way we'll all be cosmic dust by then.

The infinte variety of the cosmos is just astounding. I never grow tired of the beauty of the universe.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:30373
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.