Agnostic.com

4 1

Guys. How does any disparity in income levels affect the likelihood of you making an advance to a lady?

You meet a girl, she is a little above average in looks, but earns double what you earn. Are you comfortable asking her out?
Does that change if she is quite plain?
Does it change f she is drop dead gorgeous and earns 1/2 what you earn?

Rugglesby 8 Feb 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Back when I decided to quit looking for a relationship (before I met Kate) and just focus on trying to live, I started to meet women, would start a conversation and just converse. Some times there would be an interest and sometimes the woman would listen, I would listen, and friendships started. As I was not interested in a relationship, my state of mind, I found that it was easy to meet women. I think having the state of mind I had helped. One thing I may not be taking into consideration was that there was no pressure to be something other than authentic, there was no pressure for them to react negatively. I did meet Kate about a year later and she did have to basically chase me to get me to notice. She made about 3x what I had, drove a fancy car, and dressed to the nines. She knew I did not have two nickels to rub together, but we have now been married 27 years and I am providing the money we live on. Money is not everything, but it helps. More to this story if you read my posts.

wow, sounds like a good relationship. congrats.

Personally I don't feel comfortable if the woman is earning big bucks, not in that she is smart and capable of doing so, I love smoart capable women. But if she wants to just keep money coming in then obviously her goals in life and mine can not be compatible. I actually have an aversion to wealth. My mind set is that wealth is an accumulation of profit at the expense of other things or people.

If money was the deciding factor then there are other things about this lady that I would not like so it would not happen.

Its not relevent to me.

in fact, if money is your main goal im not interested

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:30629
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.