Agnostic.com

6 0

LINK Books popular in libraries around the world

Slanted towards books written in English, I wonder? But, in any case, an interesting mixture. Disappointed that Catch-22 didn't make it.

Lilburne 5 Mar 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This is a great list, and I have enjoyed (or endured, perhaps, during a lit class!) almost all of this list.

Jonathan Swift's Gulliver's Travels. Satire of the English aristocracy at its finest. A Modest Proposal is my absolute favorite of his because an American assured "that a young healthy child well nursed is at a year old a most delicious, nourishing, and wholesome food, whether stewed, roasted, baked, or boiled; and I make no doubt that it will equally serve in a fricassee or a ragout."

Source:

Swift, Jonathan. A Modest Proposal

It would be hard to go wrong there.

I've read a good portion of them but at my age I like more current books. I just finished "21 Lessons for the 21st Century" by Yuval Noah Harari who also wrote "Sapiens" and "Homo Deus". For me contemporary books just have more appeal at this point in my life

gearl Level 8 Mar 9, 2019

I have heard of all of them and have read many.

Post?? Link?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:307151
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.