Agnostic.com

26 8

Why don't other tenants help me shovel snow?

For six years, I have l shoveled shared walkways and the parking lot for two triplexes where I live. Pushing, lifting and throwing heavy snow, ice and slush is hard work.

I am the only person who shovels snow. Why don't men in the complex help me? This floors me. Eight to 10 men live in the two triplexes. Four are young guys.

In the winter, I keep my snow shovel under the outdoor stairway. Snow shoveling is great exercise. I consider it part of my public service.

We had record-breaking snow in February 2019.

Maybe I could I buy another snow shovel and say," Let's do this as a team."

Your thoughts?

LiterateHiker 9 Mar 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments (26 - 26)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They aren't because you are. People are lazy. Either that or they think it's a service included in their rent/mortgage.

Go on strike and see what happens. ?

@BeeHappy

Today I called the manager and told her I am not going to shovel anymore. With global warming, it means shoveling heavy, thick ice.

"People need to be careful," she said about the ice. "I'm not going to get it sparkling clean."

In other words, the parking lot and walkways will be icy and unsafe. I will need micro-spikes to walk to my car.

@LiterateHiker Well be careful. Don't they have something they can sprinkle on the ice?

@BeeHappy

Salt just loosens ice, so you can shovel it off. Ice refreezes at night.

The only way to make pavement safe is to physically shovel (lift) off snow, ice and slush, throwing it onto grass or flower beds. There is no easy fix.

I know this from experience.

@LiterateHiker That sucks!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:307905
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.