Agnostic.com

4 3

THAT FIRST INTIMACY
Shared this @BettyColeman 's post but thought I'd repost to hear about yours. Mine was slow dancing with Heidi Wegner in somebody's basement, at my first boy-girl party in the 7th grade to 10cc's 'I'm Not In Love' (still love that song) . She and I had been friendly for a few years already but that moment changed me forever. All my senses were overwhelmed with her nearness, her touch, her smell, our shared movement. In one sense that is when I entered puberty (I'm only half joking) but it's also when I first realized the possibilities of a physically and emotionally intimate relationship. You know: what grown-ups do. That is definitely one of those life changing before and after moments which I'll remember on my death-bed.

kmdskit3 8 Mar 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well, mine was when I was 11, maybe 12 years old. There was this individual who lived up the street from me and was an outsider among our small group of 'neighborhood friends'. My best friend at the time thought they were weird because they dressed like a boy and used male pronouns while their physical sex was female (this was mid-90s Georgia, before gender and sexual identities were really openly discussed), but I loved talking to them. They were one of the most genuine people I'd ever known and after hanging out for several months, we became pretty close. One day, we were lounging in my backyard where my parents had this in-ground pool and while chatting the subject of kissing came up. They'd never kissed anyone before and though I'd endured a couple of pecks from my best friend's brother a time or two in experimentation, I'd not had a real kiss before. So we held hands and got super close and without my realizing it we ended up laying on the diving board, just making out. I still remember how soft their palms felt against mine and how incredibly warm their lips were. It was the most intimate experience I'd ever had, perhaps have still ever had as everything since lacks that sharp, startling clarity. We moved to Tennessee a couple of months later and it broke my heart to leave them behind.

The moments and people that matter the most you don't ever forget.

That's a beautiful story. I like the comment about 'startling clarity' . I feel the same way.

I was just going into 8th grade and at a party in the new boy in town, Phil's, basement. Spin the bottle. I was not at all into boys but played along since that's what everone was doing. Phil's turn came and the bottle was spun but he stopped it - at me (!) and then he grabbed my hand and took me to the closet for a kiss. My first intimate kiss and he chose me, a bit heady and he certainly knew how to kiss!! Thing is there was a classmate who REALLY wanted Phil for her boyfriend and was she pissed at me! So I had a 'boyfriend' I really did not want and a girlfriend who's mad at me. When I finally made it clear I did not mind kissing him but did not want to go steady Phil got pissed at me and stopped talking to me (and kissing me). I've often wonder if he and my ex-friend ever got together.

Slipping my hand into Sherri H.s shirt the first time, I felt a real boob and she let me. 9th grade. 34b. A perfect moment.

Dammit, I can't remember..

Give it some time. It'll come back to you. 😉

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:30830
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.