Agnostic.com

5 2

LINK Orangutans face complete extinction within 10 years, animal rescue charity warns | The Independent

but, hey, they'll be 10 BILLION humans.....so, that's good, right?

SkotlandSkye 8 Mar 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Here you go you want a sad video watch this.

Sadly, even if they do live on, it could well be that they will end in the same state as tigers, where it is said there are more in zoos and private collections than there are in the wild. And they are the most wonderful creatures, I do not believe in animal rights on the whole, but I do think that some human rights should be extended to the great apes.

@SkotlandSkye Yes, the main reason for not beleiving in animal rights is not speciesism, but because I do not believe in "rights" on the whole, since I do not believe in absolutes, except one which is that nothing should ever be beyond debate, even rights. In practice however rights work very well, but if you take them too literaly then they are as frozen as religious dogma, and we would still now be recognizing peoples rights to own slaves.

@Fernapple If you don't see all animals/Earthlings as equal...then, yes, that is speciesism. Saying it's not doesn't make it not.

@SkotlandSkye I do see all animal as equal the point was not believing in hu,man rights either.

Does that mean we can count on the disappearance of the orange-haired one presently in the White House?

THHA Level 7 Mar 16, 2019

Don’t insult orangutans in that manner.

My apologies, you are right, that is horribly insulting to a sentient species . . . . not sure we could refer to Trump as being sentient.

The extinction of all these species is so very sad. I wish humanity would get a clue!!

It's sad another animal species will be extinct in the near future. One of the reasons I chose to not have any children is planet over population.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:311705
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.