Agnostic.com

3 1

I don't know how this is a dating site as there are few people who live close to one another. We certainly are the minority of the world.
Digging the site so far but I don't see any future opportunities to actually meet someone unless one or the other is traveling.
Any opinions on the subject?

Captnron59 9 Mar 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think it's more of a community for atheists/agnostics and they simply have the option there for people to flag themselves as looking to date? It's not exclusively a dating site, however. Most of us come from places or backgrounds where others of a like mind simply don't exist. I joined because here in the heart of Texas, deep in bible belt country, nontheistic individuals are a rarity.

As to the distance presenting an issue should anyone meet someone they'd like to date, I have to question their dedication to that relationship. I've been in a long distance relationship since last year with two people up in Portland and next month, I'll be relocating to their town to be with them, finally. When you get to know someone emotionally first, establishing a friendship and then slowly falling into more, it feels so much more satisfying. The physical distance does hurt us at times, but I'm devoted to them and after months of working toward the goal of being there in person, I'm so close now.

"Truth is the daughter of time." It is a proverb that a long life has verified.

Meeting people physically, for me, is secondary too meeting their mind and from that evaluating their character; at least to a sufficient level to make intentional travel worth the time and effort. Even then, 'dating' or establishing an intimate aspect to an ultimate relationship wouldn't be prerequisite.

I can be very close and even loving of others with whom friendship and activities are shared without intimacy being necessary. Aren't we all capable of this? Do we not love our life-long friends, neighbors, children, siblings, parents, etc? Love is really only limited by prioritization of time and scope of acceptance.

Deciding to take a relationship to a physically intimate level, for me, first means choosing a loved one for exclusivity of that element and as something that happens after establishment of mutuality of respect, trust, admiration and love.

It is kind of a curious thing to me that people will use a resource like this in an effort to find relationships of primary importance, yet limit the distance they'd travel (invest) to 20, 50, 100 or so miles. Most people travel further than that to visit Las Vegas for a few days..

Sexual intimacy can 'happen' with mere coitus and it doesn't require much to make it happen. Likewise, not much comes out of it and whatever does (proverbially) 'stays in Vegas'...

It is like playing or listening to solo percussion and calliing it music; like reciting lyrics without a melody; like rigid rendering of a melody in tempo with no phrasing or off key. It might be fun or amusing in varying degrees and if one never experiences a symphony it actually passes for music.

You asked for opinions and that about covers mine.

The dating aspect is pretty much secondary at present, but with new people joining every day that might change in time!

Jnei Level 8 Mar 2, 2018
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:31238
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.