Agnostic.com

2 0

What's the best trailer/camper to buy for someone who has no money?

My wife and I want to do some camping this summer with our boys. We're both a little older, so we'd like a little comfort. I was looking at those Coleman popup trailers and they're nice. I don't need anything fancy. So what's the best kind of camper to get and why?

Also any trailer camping tips would be much appreciated!

GuitarDoctor 7 Mar 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would suggest that you consider first renting a small travel trailer! They can be expensive to purchase, insure, and maintain, and you would have to be committed to make a large purchase. Renting, on the other hand, would help you decide if you like that form of camping, and not cost an arm and a leg whilst doing so. Rentals aren't cheap ($100 and on up per day in my area), but far less spendy than buying.

I cannot imagine living without my travel trailer, but I use it a LOT, and easily justify having a luxury truck and trailer just for my hobby (dog showing and exploring). Join an RV group (facebook and others) and ask questions. Most RV groups love to help people just getting started! Most of us have a lot to offer, because we've all made the mistakes, lol!!

"Dog is my co-pilot: Traveling and RV-ing with pets!" Group

I'm a lifelong camper. Backpacking, canoe/raft camping, winter camping, car camping...all in tents or hammocks. But now...I have an A-frame trailer that I pull with a 4x4 pickup truck...love the comfort and the ability to boondock! A pop up is an economical choice and gives the feeling of being in a tent but with the ease of a mini kitchen and place to escape the rain and bugs. I can't suggest a brand of camper...we have a Forest River. One forum commenter said all campers are 75% finished when you buy them...about right...always something to tweak. Happy to answer questions...enjoy!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:314500
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.