Agnostic.com

20 2

Don't you want somebody to love??

Dooon't you need somebody to love! Wouldn't you love somebody to love ... you better find somebody to love! One of the best songs of my generation. Who remembers where it was first sung, and who sang it? This is my generation!!

stomato 6 Mar 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Generation of free love, drugs, sex and rock n roll.. not old enough to even know what Woodstock was but that era was a stepping stone for rock music.. Gotta love it..

And pop culture, politics, war and non-conformism.

I love my kids, my cats, my alcoholic best friend, and sometimes my sister and sometimes myself. A person has only so much love to spread cause it's like jelly on toast, if the breads too big the jelly is too thin. I'm not sure what the hell I'm talking about.

Why Sarahroo69 block me?

Jefferson Airplane..Grace Slick sang it...one of the clubs in SanFran..1967 maybe?

Grace Slick sang it in the group Jefferson Airplane.

SamL Level 7 Mar 8, 2018

Was trying to see if Signe Anderson ever sang it when she was was with Airplane but found this instead.

Kimba Level 7 Mar 7, 2018

@Kimba - OMG, this is awesome. I never knew about Signe. This song is absolutely fabulous. Her voice is great. Thanks so much for sharing it. Out of control AWESOME!

"...and your mind, your mind is so full of red..." I never understood that line in the song. What does that mean?

I always thought it was dread, not red. But red means anger, so I guess that fits too.

@stomato okay, so it would be almost a protest song, the hippies need somebody to love, but society is turning their backs on them...

This is raw Grace Slick.

When the truth is found
To be lies
And all the joy
Within you dies
Don't you want somebody to love
Don't you need somebody to love
Wouldn't you love somebody to love
You better find somebody to love, love

Fucking love it! You can just hear it, can't you. That was her influence at that time!

Some days I just hope to love that goof I see in the mirror.

I'm more partial to this one:

Completely different song. I'm not really into Queen. Jefferson Airplane was a lot more raw and in your face. This song does not compare IMO!

@stomato I know it's a different song. I was just going by the title. It just reminded me of it. I like both, but I think Freddie Mercury was pretty much a musical genius. Even if only for Bohemian Rhapsody, but that's not the case.

@Piece2YourPuzzle Freddie was AMAZING. Beyond talented and able to touch so many generations. Too sad to lose him so early on.

i don't need somebody but i would like somebody

Jefferson Airplane. Where? Don’t know.

This is Grace at her most real, her most raw! Thanks for sharing! Woodstock lives on!!

Good song. It's one of those songs that if you throw it in with a bunch of punk songs on rotation, no one complains. Along with those strange early Fleetwood Mac songs, like Green Manalishi With The Two Prong Crown. Songs written to play, not just to sell.

Oh yes I remember it brings back memories of a time I had very few worries but thought they were never going to be solved. No-one sings it like Grace.

"You better find somebody to love." Or what, no dessert?

I think it's more like no happiness! My opinion - it's all about your interpretation!

Jefferson aeroplane April first 1967 written by Barby slick

Darby

@Gatovicolo yip damn typos again. Damn it

I get them too. @Wynter75

Yes.

My generation, too... Grace Slick sang it, Jefferson Airplane was the band, is the only rendition I have ever heard, but am sure other bands have recorded it, too...She was incredibly hot, & had a great set of pipes... LOL... Well, that's what I thought when I was 13, anyhow....

Got me thinking about Queen there, but Queen is Can anybody find me somebody to love.

Sacha Level 7 Mar 3, 2018

Yep. Gonna be playing in my brain all day now.

Beat me to it

Jefferson Airplane? Don't know exactly. That was in another century

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:31878
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.