Agnostic.com

7 3

China vows to eliminate poverty by 2020. What a fabulous ambition. Regardless of whether that works out or not what would be as good is if Trump vowed to do something as positive for the people than for himself and the rich. I'm not sure what that could be. What do you think?

SamL 7 Nov 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The most positive thing he could do is resign!!

I think that they don't understand the demand on the depleting resources that are needed in/by the developed countries.

definition of poverty anyone?

I don't know how to reply to a reply so I'll just comment on the issue of Christianity and Communism. Several years ago my Vietnamese sister-in-law invited us to go with her to Viet Nam. It was REALLY an eye opening experience. One legacy left by the French was the Catholic religion. We saw churches and graveyards (often tombs were located in the middle of rice paddies). Families were split because non-Catholic could not be buried in Catholic cemeteries and visa versa. We also came to find that although Christianity is allowed it is strictly controlled by the government.
The problem in plundering other country's resources is that other country's often have few resources of their own.Obviously the invasion of China by the Japanese didn't help them in the end.

China hasn't been communist for a while now. In fact they are on track to being a wealthier, more powerful country than the US which would give them the capability of eradicating poverty.

The most positive thing our Oligarch can do is to fire Mike Pence and then resign. He's as likely to do those things as anything else which would benefit classes lower than his own.

I'm with Victoria, in that I would seriously doubt if Trump would betray his power source, which is not his voter base, but his money base.

Disagree but with a caveat. Our Oligarch's power source is his Klan (aka "patriots" ) because the people will always have final say in any election. Even those influenced by great money, or a foreign nation, can see a resistance vote. Goldfinger's money base (or class) are the real beneficiaries of his policies. Some of his Klan may have already begun to realize that he's using them by supporting this tax "reform," which screws suburban people and high-taxed states.

Is it possible for any government to end poverty mentality from the mind of billion humans living on lands so called states?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:3191
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.