Agnostic.com

12 0

What is your favorite band/producer?

I have always been fascinated with music and everything that revolves around it. I'm more of a lyricist than anything, but I play bass, keys, and can compose electronic music. My favorite producer over the years and still is Trent Reznor and Nine Inch Nails is my favorite band. Even the stuff Reznor does with Atticus Ross is amazing. So, what is your favorite band and/or producer?

sadoslim 5 Mar 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Aesop Rock is one of them, not to be confused with the unrelated A$AP Rocky... He does his own instrumentals for the most part.

I love Tool, but don't listen to them as much as I used to. Always good when I turn them on though.

Remi Level 7 Mar 8, 2018

I will always be a fan of The Replacements. Great lyrics, and nice do not give.a fuck attitude. NIN is a great choice too

Any band that has Mark Knoffler in it. Friom Dire Straits on up.

Beatles and George Martin. No band / producer combination in popular music history influenced and changed the way music was produced and recorded. I even hear things in new music that they did first. I like most kinds of music from Sinatra to Merle Haggard and pretty much everything in between. But they were the most impressive. Sorry I got long winded.

I can say for producers I do not like Phil Collins. He over-produced the shit out of Eric Clapton "August" album and watered down some great songs. Ive never forgiven him for that. I sure wish he would re-release some of those tunes with an edgier producer.

easier to say what i don't like

I have too many favorites to list, but I love Depeche Mode, Glen Miller (almost any Big Band), The Cure.

George Martin, Ken Scott, Mitchell Froom, Steve Wilson, Todd Rundgren, probably a lot more but those are the first to come to mind. I listen for a good, clean sound but not too clean. There are some pop and especially Nashville producers whose sound is positively antiseptic. I like to hear some air and sometimes fog or grittiness in the mix. I have an Associates Degree in Audio Recording Technology and enjoy listening to music sometimes just for the production. Interesting that so many people don't have a clue as to what good or bad production sounds like.

Pink Floyd/David Gilmour.

Floyd is amazing.

@sadoslim my admiration for the band is that it seems that they have consistently been dynamic in the development of their music, not satisfied to continually play the same stuff for decades; they, effectively evolved, particularly Gilmour, I think.

Floyd makes me get lost in thought, makes me feel so much. I can't help it

@Livinlife THE WALL is virtually tragic opera.

Led Zeppelin
Producer Jimmy Page

Nice! Can't go wrong with Zeppelin

He's the reason I picked up a guitar

The Sisters Of Mercy

Been a fan since the early 80s. Which makes me feel incredibly old

Good band. I listen to all kinds of music across the board, but I found that Reznor is very versatile. I hope to have him produce the music for one of my hip-hop albums one day

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:31929
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.